A Visitor Visa is applied at South African Embassy or Mission abroad. An applicant can apply for a renewal on existing visa subject to decision by Department of Home Affairs to grant the visa. A Visitor visa is a document that gives travellers permission to enter South Africa on a temporary basis for visit to family or friends and tourism purposes. This would apply to visitors from non-visa exempt countries who wish to travel to South Africa for business or leisure purposes on short term basis.

Visitor’s visa section 11(2) with authorization to conduct work (3 months)


This would apply if you are coming to South Africa for a particular purpose that would require you to be in the country for longer than the usual visa period.

Visitor’s visa section 11(1)(b)(iv) for prescribed activities (exceeding 3 months to 3 years)
Visitor’s visa section 11(1)(b)(iii) for research activities (exceeding 3 months to 3 years)
Visitor’s visa section 11(6) - spouse of a citizen or permanent resident and work
Visitor’s visa section 11(1) (b) (i) for academic sabbaticals (exceeding 3 months to 3 years)
A Visitors visa section 11(1) (b) (ii) is for voluntary or charitable activities (exceeding 3 months to 3 years)


The South African law recognises well established heterosexual and homosexual relationships. If you are able to demonstrate in a long-term relationship with a South African citizen or permanent resident, you may qualify for a life partner visa. We can assist you in obtaining all the necessary legal documentation that is required in support of your life partner application.


A treaty permit is an official document that gives foreigners permission to enter South Africa to participate in programmes that have been agreed upon by South Africa and the visitors’ respective countries. A treaty permit can be applied at Visa & Permit Facilitation Centre close to applicant’s residence.